I am just so broken tonight. There has been 4 deaths of what we consider young people in my "life" in the past 13 months. I am praying that I will see all 4 of them in Heaven, but I am not sure if all 4 of them had a personal relationship with my Lord and Saviour.
It all started last March. My "girl", my friend's daughter, was killed in a car accident at the age of 18. It was so devastating. I started working with her Mom when she was 2 and babysitting her when she was 3. Her mom was a single mom and she worked a lot. My sister babysat her for years after I started babysitting her and the two of them became very much a part of our family. When R was in her early teens her mom got married and moved about an hour away. I didn't get to see them much after that, but we still saw each other 1 or 2 times a year. I love that girl so much and I look at her picture every day and can't imagine that I will never see her again on this earth.
Then last June, a 46 year old coworker of mine passed away. He battled cancer for 18 months. He actually had some good months in there, but when it came back, it came back with a vengeance. He left behind a wife and a daughter in high school and a son in middle school. I was close to his family because I work with his wife, dad, mother-in-law, father-in-law, cousin and his sister has been my supervisor for about 15 years.
Last month, a 10 year old boy that rode my bus last year was hit by a car and he died from his injuries. It was devastating for a lot of people and I cried with some of my students because it was heartbreaking to see the grief they were experiencing. When you are in 5th grade you don't expect one of your classmates to die and they were devastated.
Then last Saturday, I got an email from my best friend from high school asking for prayer for her younger sister who was in the hospital. Her sister ended up having surgery on Sat. and the last I had heard from her was Tues. morning and things were looking up. Well, I sent her an email Friday, just to see how things were going and letting her know that I was still praying , she told me that her sister passed away that morning. She was 33. I am so sad for my friend. I wish we lived closer so that I could just drop everything and go spend some time with her, but it is just not possible. I will be trying tomorrow to get off of work on Tuesday to attend the services. I just am so sad for her family. I have known them for over 25 years and I see them at least once a year.
I guess on this earth we will never understand why things happen. We need to just trust God and ask Him to bring us through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry for your losses. Trusting in God doesn't mean we don't hurt over such things, but we do not mourn as those who have no hope. You can be confident in the great grace of God who loves His creation...your dear friends. He is the God of salvation, and His mercy is unfailing. He is like the father of the prodigal son...His arms always open to a heart that will turn to Him. May you find comfort in Him.
Post a Comment