Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
We had a wonderful day. We started out by watching a parade on TV and then we headed to my oldest sisters house for dinner and then visited at my mother-in-law's house after that.
I am first and foremost thankful for my Lord and Savior.
I am thankful for my wonderful and loving husband, Brad, who puts up with a lot.
I am thankful for my 3 beautiful children, Ally, Libby, and Jon.
I am thankful for my mom.
I am thankful for my 2 sisters and my brother and their spouses and children. My oldest sister has 2 children, my next sister has 4 children (her youngest is deployed to a bad part of the world right now, if you could pray for him) and 6 grandchildren, and my brother has 3 children.
I am thankful for my mother and father-in-law. If you could pray for my mother-in-law right now, she is really sick. She has been to the Dr. twice for this cold she has and will be going back tomorrow. She also has the added stress of caring for my father-in-law. He is in a nursing home with advancing Alzheimer's. She will not miss a day of going to see him. She has to feed him and she will not miss that. She has a lot going on and does not take care of herself too well.
I am also thankful for my husbands 2 brothers and sister-in-law.
I am thankful for our country.
I am thankful for our home.
I am thankful for our jobs.
There is so much to be thankful for and we really focus on it on this day every year, but I am trying to make an effort to remember this everyday of the year.
I hope everyone had as wonderful a day as we did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i prayed for your family as i read your requests. that is a lot of weight to be carrying on your shoulders...may God's peace and strength and mercy cover your nephew, MIL and FIL.

i LOVE ally's hair...she looks so cute! and that is crazy about all of those turkeys!!! cool that you were able to get photos!